Monday, November 2, 2009

Teresa Wentzler Closes her Doors

It is a sad day in the world of cross stitching... one of my personal favourite stitchers is done.
Teresa Wentzler has announced that she will be closing up shop and is no longer designer, but also that her designs are going out-of-print.
I have stitched numerous patterns by her including; Unicorn, Dragon, Day and Night.
I am of course now I am frantic to make sure I have all of her patterns that I want in my stash so that I can stitch them at my leisure and not worry about getting my hands on a copy.

If you'd like to read more about this you can check out her blog at:
www.teresa-wentzler.com
Or her main store site at:
twdesignworks.com

:(

6 comments:

Sea said...

hope you get them all..I know I have some..but which I really don't know..apart from a Rapunzel one sticks in my mind

Rene la Frog said...

That is a real loss to the stitching community. While I'm not really fond of her charts of people I do love her other designs and like you will be looking to get my hands on any of the charts I wanted but don't have yet.

Zeb said...

I am going to miss the excitement of seeing her new designs, checking PO for new stuff she's released online etc.
And yes, I need to get my hands on the designs of hers I don't have and want, cause the longer I leave it, the harder it will become.

Daffycat said...

o.O

OMG

Unknown said...

This is sad, but certainly understandable, news. It's hard being any kind of artist. I'm planning for my main stitching project next year to be her Celestial Dragon since our new house is being built on Dragon Glen Drive. I also have several of her other designs (Topiary Trees, a book of collected designs).

Maxine said...

It's sad to hear of a designer not designing any more. I'm a TW fan and although I have only one of her's as wip i do have most of her designs in either chart or kit form so at least I don't have to join the hunt:)I love the progress on the dragons in the previous post and I'm sure the amount of fabric you've got on one side is plenty for a good framer to use.