Monday, January 18, 2010

Stitching Update & New Camera

So many things to share with you today...
But first, I got a new camera. It's a cute green one by Canon (the SD1200 IS). Just a little point and shoot for me. But so far it's great!
And it has a macro setting that seems to work well for my stitching photos. So the photos below were taken by me, instead of the of the BF. Now maybe I won't have to bug him all the time for photos.

I did (another) virtual stitch-along with Evalina this weekend. I stitched while the BF and I did a Star Wars marathon. I got a lot of stitching done which was great! Including this new start, it's Bouquet for Cheryl. Loving using the Waterlilies for this one:



The next one I worked on was Rose Garden. I have gotten the inner motif done. I hit a bit of a snag, as I realized I have the wrong colour for one of the waterlilies that is next. But a store in town (not my usual LNS) has hooked me up with the right colour for later in the week. So will have to pick that up. (my LNS didn't have it in stock). Here it is so far:


And finally I put a few stitches into Elfland. This is the HAED SAL:



I do have A LOT of progress on Dragons. I've just been lazy and not taken it off the scroll rods for a picture. I promise one later this week.

Also coming  up this week, the Olympic Torch is coming through Calgary, and a family friend gets to carry it 300 meters, so tomorrow I have the day off to go and see! I will take some pics with my new camera.
Also coming up soon, when I hit 100 followers, or 100 posts (whichever comes first, I'm at 97 followers, and 97 posts) then I will have a giveaway! Watch for it!

Thanks for visiting and all your lovely comments on my past pieces. :)

21 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Stitching is lovely - lots of progress!

Meari said...

Great stitching, Mel. I checked out reviews for the camera you bought. Nice p&s! :)

JessB said...

Everything looks so good! Have fun with the new camera. I have a Canon too, and it is great.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of your stitching, I really like the colour you are using for Bouquet for Cheryl.

Emily in NC said...

Great that you got a camera that you can use. Love the colors in Bouquet and Rose Garden and Elfland are looking good.

Unknown said...

What great progress you made Mel on all your stitching!

Ineke said...

It looks like your new camara is perfect for photo's of you stitching. Both are beautiful.
It is very special to have a family friend carrying the Olympic Torch! Have a great day.

Jen said...

Love that Waterlilies colour, what is it? Have fun with the camera.

Anonymous said...

Everything's looking beautiful - I love those colours.

Blu said...

Lovely WIPs. The colour for BfC is very pretty.

Terri said...

Looks great Mel

LisaG said...

Lots of progress there Mel. Look forward to seeing the Dragons.

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

Wow Mel those are all so beautiful!

Carissa said...

Mel, everything looks great! Which Waterlilies color are you using for the Boquet for Cheryl?

Rene la Frog said...

Great stitching Mel. I did Bouqet a couple of years ago and know you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Anonymous said...

You have made progress on your pictures.

Marl

Maureen said...

Oh happy new camera! Love the colour you have chosen for your Bouquet.

Nancy M said...

Your new photos look great! Progress in nice on all fronts! Are you doing your HAED on 25 ct?

Jo said...

Lovely stitching, your Bouquet looks great with the colours. Congrats on your new camera, have fun with it.

Vicki in CO said...

Looks like we are doing 3 SAL's together, except I'm doing Dragon Luck for the HAEL SAL (haven't actually started it yet--just got the fabric today!). You have made a lot more progress on everything than I have! Great job!!

Shelley said...

I love getting new toys to play with. The Star Wars marathon sounds like fun. I've done that quite a few times lately as Connor is addicted to them. Your WIPs are looking fabulous!