Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Sampler & Canvas Starts (and Cronus)

Disclaimer: There are 2 stitching pictures to start this post, then there are pictures of Cronus my Kingsnake. Just so those who don't like the snakes can avoid the last of the post. :)

Well I survived the first canvaswork class last week. There is ALOT of counting in canvas. Just worked on the outer border, done with all continental stitches. I am not even halfway done the border, so wanna try and do that before next week's class if possible. Here it is to date:
I also started on the weekend on the wedding sampler for my friends. The fabric is actually more of an ivory colour than this picture shows (sorry it's a bit blurry too). I am much happier with the replacement of this grey than the one I was using. There is almost no colour change now but I think that's actually better in this platform).
This design is from Big Toe Designs and is on 32ct Linen (I think, might be 30 actually…):


As many people ask me about Cronus I thought I'd share a few more pics and talk a bit more about him. For those that haven't been following Cronus is the hatchling Kingsnake that I got in the summer. While we have two other snakes they are really the B/F's more than mine. this one I picked out. And of course I managed to pick the weird one. We're a bit concerned about his behavior these days, it's very odd. So we've decided to suck it up and pay to get him into the vet this weekend. I think he's probably fine (and just a weirdo) but I need the peace of mind.
Here is his new set-up. (he has been upgraded to a larger tank, sorry don't have a picture of Onyx's new home yet…)

And here he is hanging out in his branch area. He's about twice as long as he was when we first got him. I think he's over two feet now I think:

Got lots of errands to do this week it seems. But hopefully I'll find some stitching time in there. And American Idol starts tonight, so gonna PVR that and stitch to it at some point. Will be interesting to see what Steve Tyler is like.
I have been stitching on Dragons and will do a pic in the next post. I'm almost halfway through the first page of the year already!

14 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear that you're liking the canvas work :o)

Okay, how do you know when a snake is acting weird? I hope he's okay.

Meari said...

Great starts, Mel. I hope the vet tells you everything is a-ok!

htimcj said...

I just finsihed the same My Big Toe design for my DH and myself. It comes out beautifully!
I love your snake. Snakes I can do, spiders not so much :)
Heidi-ILCS

Ineke said...

Lovely picture of Cronus! I hope there is nothing wrong with him, except of being weird.

Emily in NC said...

new start and canvas look good. Great to see new pics of Cronus, he has gotten bigger

Nancy M said...

The canvas piece might have lots of counting, but they get done so much faster than a cross stitch piece!

MaryT said...

Really nice stitching! Yes how do you know when a snake is acting strange? Hope he is ok

mary Louise in IN

Shelley said...

Cronus is looking cool :)

Your canvaswork looks like a big project. Love the colors in the wedding piece.

Terri said...

Great stitching and your snake is so cute :)

Katrien said...

Great stitching

Tammy said...

Cronus is beautiful! I hope he is doing allright. Your stitching is lovely!

Unknown said...

Your stitching is lovely.
And if Cronus is just weird, that can be a good thing right? lol.

Carol's Stitching said...

Great starts with your stitching and looking forward to seeing your progress. Your snake is very pretty in color.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful blog. I love it.