Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New start & stash!

It's been a hectic couple of weeks for me. But things are finally back to normal for this week at least. In 2 weekends it is Canadian thanksgiving and for the first time I will be traveling to Vancouver (without my man) to spend the weekend with my siblings. Should be good, though cat filled as they have 2 and are graciously sharing their apartment with me to sleep. :)

But let's talk about something more exciting!

Finally I'm here to share with you the commission piece. Its for a friend who picked out the pattern, colours etc and graciously offered to pay for supplies & labour.
Let's make it a mystery... I won't tell you what it is yet but here's almost 25% of the piece done (the polka dots in the background shouldn't be seen. My apologies for their distraction):



I got two exciting things in the mail this week.
First was a giveaway package from the lovely Katrien! It was so exciting to get magazines in another language with unique designs and designers in them. And I adore the frog price kit! Thanks Katrien!



Second I got the new Just Cross Stitch ornament magazine. Now most of you know I live Halloween best. Xmas is okay but just not as fun. But I still make a fair number of Xmas ornaments each year. So I always get this magazine. This year is a great variety (as always) but I adore a few for sure. One of my faves isn't all that Christmassy but no one told me it was a pre req. lol.
(yep badly taken photo from magazine. But you get the idea)



I have got a little mill hill kit magnet almost done that I will share soon. Put some stitches in the mermaid and have another new start kitted up. As usual the projects never end!

I'll be back soon with more updates and a giveaway!
Thanks for visiting.

Location:4 St SW,Calgary,Canada

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new start, those colors are beautiful and vibrant =)
And your stash looks very promising =)

Meari said...

Your new start is really colorful, Mel. Congrats on your win! Did you get the Halloween Ornament issue, too?

Shaunterria said...

Your new start looks great, can't wait to see more of it. And the stash looks scrumptious :)

--shaunterria
ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

way to go on the stash. you are doing a lovely job on your stitching

Denise SA said...

Love your new start so bright and cheerful .great stash too

Christina G said...

Super stash enhancements and that Christmas ornament is going to be gorgeoous and you could display it year round, too.

Anonymous said...

Like the colours on your new start and what a lovely gift from Katrien.

Marl

Katrien said...

love the colors on your commision piece; I'm glad the package arrived safely.