Sunday, July 6, 2014

Small Finish & Dragons Update

July is here, which also means summer is here in Calgary. Our 6-8 weeks of nice weather has started. :)
However, as I have to stay out of the sun because of meds I have been inside a lot stitching. But luckily there is a window I can open to share in the summer some.

On that note, let's get to that stitching! I finished a Lizzie Kate piece; part of a series but I stitched it up to be framed (eventually) and sold at my Etsy store. This "remember" on 28ct linen. I changed all colors for hand dyed threads I had on hand and made my own color scheme.

My dragons update is a bit of a tease, I won't lie. But it will show you my progress on the latest page. This page has A LOT of the same 3 colors in giant chunks. So I did my own version of gridding. I've stitched the black/colored stitches to create spaces where I don't have to check the pattern or count all the time. I use pencil crayon to mark off but I changed this to black and white so you could easily see the system.

Thanks for continuing to follow everyone.
Exciting news later this week, sorry can't confirm it yet. And some finish finishes (amazingly) that I did up myself. I"ll be back soon!

10 comments:

Justine said...

You tease! Your Remember finish is so pretty. Hope you feel better soon.

cucki said...

Hope you feel better soon
Very sweet finish
Big hugs x

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely finish. Looking forward to seeing that Dragons progress.

Brigitte said...

A very pretty finish. And hopefully a progress picture of the dragon soon, lol.

Leonore Winterer said...

Finishes are awesome, no matter how big or small ^_^

And I hope you'll continue making such good progress on your Dragons, those blocks will sure go much more swiftly than confetti stitching~

Susan said...

Cute finish. I've used your "gridding" system before, makes it so easy to sit back and stitch.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Mel.

Linda

Lulu said...

Congrats on your sweet LK finish :)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather I'm new to the cross stitch blog sphere and just wanted to say hi. I just read your entire blog (in one night took me about 5 hours) and love it now I'm sad I have to wait for the next posts :).