Friday, August 29, 2014

Stitch From Stash August - Metamorphosis Stitching

It's already starting to get cold here again. Summer always seems so short (maybe because we get maybe 8 weeks of it in Calgary, lol!). This morning we had a frost warning and I could see my breath on the way to the day job. 

So alas it has come time to check-in for August with Stitch From Stash. 
I know many of you won't believe it, and with Market releases this month, I did it! I didn't spend a single dime on stitching stuff!!!! I'm pretty proud of myself. But am also concerned that I will be aching to spend tons of money next month. But again it is looking very lean at my house, as expected earlier this year. Therefore I will have to be very good likely through September as well. My kind husband is trying very hard to be supportive and not make it seem like we are scrimping every penny but when it's true, it's true. 
However, the promised raise from a couple months ago at the office should be coming up (we pray) this month. Assuming HR removes the pay freeze as promised in early September. Often times it really sucks to be working for a gov't body and their stupid freeze everything to make politicians look good. However I'll stop my complaining as we are managing and move onto more exciting things! 

So no new purchases to share b/c of zero dollars spent. 
But the start of Metamorphosis I do have. I'm on the third motif now and am sooo excited to see it come together fairly quickly. And it was definitely a good way to help with the aching of spending to have a new start. However, it does mean I haven't started second last page of Dragons. But that will come next week I think. 
I did discover that this is a 36ct linen as per the pattern and the colors I'm using are the exact same as well. So it's almost like a model version of this lovely Ink Circles pattern: 



Thanks to everyone for their comments, emails and support in not spending. I really do have hundreds of patterns and dozens of items ready to stitch (kitted up). And besides stuff is not happiness. Though many days I have to convince myself of that! (lol)

20 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Mel! :-)

Tricia T said...

Wonderful job, Mel! I'm proud of you!!!!

Stitchinowl said...

Nice progress on Metamorphosis! You are certainly right - we all have so much already in our stash to stitch from.
Carolyn

Leonore Winterer said...

Looking wonderful so far! At this rate, you might be able to get more than one more finish before the end of the year!

Also I'm so proud of you for not spending anything, you can do it! ^_^

Annette-California said...

Beautiful stitching. Way to Go Mel!! You did great. love Annette

Bekca said...

I knew you could do it, well done! I hear you about watching pennies. Because I've only recently started at my job, I've been taxed quite heavily this month. Maybe my Sew and So splurge will have to wait until after my birthday :P Best wishes.

Theresa said...

Congratulations on the zero spend :D Love your new start - for me, a new start is as good as a spend :)

Birdie said...

Beautiful progress. So hard to spend nothing with all the amazing stash coming from market.Congrats!!!

Sally said...

Well done Mel.Love your new start.

Linda said...

Great new start Mel.

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely start. The colours are fab. Well done on the zero spend. Good luck with next months SFS

Susan said...

Wonderful on the zero spending - terrible that you're summer is coming to a close (ours seems to have decided to start as we are supposed to be in the upper 80s/low 90s all week). Very nice start on Metamorphosis.

KimM said...

Love, LOVE the colors - what a pretty pattern.
xxx

Fiona said...

Well done Mel!! I knew you could do it and your stitching is looking wonderful!

Thoeria said...

Lovely start and well done on the ero spend :) I'm looking forward to the year being over and participating in next year's stitch from stash.....hmmm....maybe I should go and do some shopping now to "stock up" for next year :D Only kidding!! (well....only a little bit :D

Angela CG said...

Congrats on not spending this month! I just love the colors you are using in this piece.

Jo said...

Great stuff, glad you're doing well on STS.

Meari said...

Congrats on no spending, Mel. Yay for you! Metamorphisis looks good so far.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching, is there going to be a stitch for stash 2015?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely new start, I do like Ink Circles designs and the colours Tracy has chosen are lovely.