Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ornament Finish & October Stitch From Stash

Whew! Thank you so much to everyone for all your wonderful comments and excitement surrounding my inclusion in CSN Magazine. I realized only a few days ago that it was the edition that has Joan Elliott's Cinderella piece(s) in it and am overjoyed that everyone who gets the magazine will have such a gorgeous pattern in their hands!! 

It's that time for October Stitch From Stash.
I can't believe we're down to only 2 months to go in the year, and therefore less than 2 months until Christmas *gasp* better get on some gift making and purchasing!
I spent $19.96 on a couple sale patterns this month and NOTHING on EBAY!!! I'm most proud of my avoidance of eBay. :)
My hubby decided on a Halloween/Year End bonus for everyone in the group of $50 to spend anytime between now and Dec. 31. I think he was feeling bad when he saw the spreadsheet and that many ladies, including myself, were down to almost no budget left (lol). So I have that "cushion" but darn does it go away fast. I'm going to try and hold onto the bonus as long as possible until I really *need* to spend it. (need might not be the right word...)

Joy Ornament
I decided to print out some of the patterns from the latest edition of Just Cross Stitch Ornament Magazine (2014) as I now get my mags from them digitally and seem to forget about the great things I want to stitch from them.
So I had about 5 printed for a couple weeks and kept thinking I should at least stitch one or two new holiday ornaments before December. In the end I chose this tiny cutie "Joy" from My Big Toe Designs.



I changed the threads to over-dyed I had on hand from stash. The brown is a Weeks Dye Works and the blue/green is a Carrie's Creations thread (all cotton). The fabric is as a leftover ornament sized piece. I believe it's a 32ct linen.
I stitched this little joy up in only a few hours which was wonderful!

Dragons update: The head is sooo close to being done... I want to get all the colors done around it before the giant blocks of white start for the background before showing it. By the end of the weekend I should have it all done up. Watch for a post next week!

17 comments:

Tricia T said...

What a pretty finish, Mel! Congrats on avoiding Ebay this month!!! :)

Linda said...

Cute finish Mel.

Linda

Neilteil said...

Lovely finish :) I picked up that copy of CSC and the Cinderella's are beautiful. Well done on being featured :)

Rachel said...

That's a really cute little finish. Look forward to seeing your next Dragon post! :)

Thoeria said...

Really cute finish Mel :) And well done on controlling the ebay addiction :D :D

cucki said...

sweet finish x

Pull the other thread said...

That is a very sweet finish :)

Suz said...

That's a great finish! I love the vibrant colors in it.

KimM said...

So cute -
xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Well done on SFS, and cute little ornament you finished there. Can't wait for the update on dragons!

Heather said...

Yay dragons can't wait! And that is such a cute ornament I love those blues and greens.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely finish - great colours :-)

Caitlin D said...

Beautiful colors on that ornament. Wish I could say I stayed away from ebay, but alas I was sucked in.

EvalinaMaria said...

Happy dance! Well done.

Anonymous said...

beautiful finish

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Don't forget the added bonus of my prize winning pun in the magazine!!

I like the ornie you've stitched, a nice non-traditional choice of colours.

EBay is not so much a problem for me. The FB Stash Unload groups are MY weakness LOL

Sally said...

I love the ornie you stitched. Very pretty colours.

Well done on keeping up with Stitch from Stash. It's getting harder as the year goes on but at least this month is my free month!