Thursday, May 21, 2015

Volcano? - Dragons Update

** May SFS2015-A Reporting Link is in post below**

The mad rush is on... to try and get Dragons completed, framed and into exhibition/competition for June 24... I won't lie; it's not looking all that good.
Yes Dragons is coming along, and I made some amazing headway on the past long weekend we had here in Canada but I feel it's still not going to be enough. But we will see and I haven't given up hope yet.

While working through Dragons this time around I've been trying to get the smaller sections of changing color stitching done first. So up through the tree and branches. It's resulted in a really interesting look that to me is like a volcano.
So here's a quick snippet of last page of Dragons at almost half the page stitched. So close!
Can you see the volcano?

 

Every time I've picked up Dragons (almost every day this last 10 days in a row) I've gotten "The Final Countdown" song in my head. It truly is the home stretch here. So funny that 7.5 years of work comes down to a couple weeks to meet competition deadline. (PS: If I don't make this years deadline I can enter next year, but I'd really like to enter this year).

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Happy Stitching.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck! I'm rooting for you! I didn't see this post on my reading list just f.y.i. I just happened to swipe to the next page.

Esmeralda said...

Hopefully you get it done for the competition
It looks amazing
Look forward to see the end result

Tiffstitch said...

It does look like a volcano and good luck finishing before the competition! I've done that before and stayed up until really late to finish the night before. I hope that doesn't happen to you!

Irene said...

I do hope you finish it in time!

Fiona said...

You can do it Mel!! Can't wait to see this project done and framed in all it's glory!

Brigitte said...

I wish you all the best of luck to finish this wonderful piece in time.

Leonore Winterer said...

Yay for vulcano! I'm cheering you on, don't gorget how fast this is going to go once only the bigger chunks of colour are left to do ^_^

Annie said...

I'm cheering for you to finish in time, too! I have faith in you:)

rosey175 said...

I definitely see a volcano and now I am going to be thinking about it all day trying to remember what volcano it looks like, hah. Disney keeps popping up so maybe the Firebird Suite volcano, filling with greenery. :D G'luck on finishing on time, go go goooo!

Justine said...

It looks fabulous - I'm rooting for you to finish it in time!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How funny that it's taken all that time and you are still down to the wire!

I'm sure you can do it though, smokin' needles and all!