Friday, September 1, 2017

Book Review: A Twist in Time


Title: A Twist in Time
Author
Genre: Historical Time Travel, Murder Mystery
Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

DNF @ 53% 


This is book 2 of a series. I read book 1 and it was just okay. So when I started reading this book I was hoping for more. Instead what I got was the exact same set-up and story. The only difference is our lead lady is already in the past and doesn't travel there. 

I suppose this is why I don't read a lot of murder mystery as the murder cases themselves rarely keep my attention. It's the people and the happenings around them that does. 


For the second time this year a time traveling book has annoyed me by how little the main character seems to want to go home. It's mentioned in passing once or twice about her thinking about going home (and she makes one 'attempt' near the beginning of the book); but overall it just feels like she's not too concerned about it. 

This really bugs me. if Gabaldon got anything right with Outlander it's that at least Claire had a major desire to go home for a long time! 


Overall if you love the whodunnit part and don't mind a Victorian setting you might like this. Otherwise I'd pass, skip and jump to something else.


Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

It's a shame you had to be disappointed yet again. Did you read the Chronicles of St Mary's Series? That's a time travel setting I really like!